Welcome to Sacred Heart
We are glad you stopped by to take a look at our parish website.
Our mission statement states that, “We, the parish family of Sacred Heart Church, are called to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus through our words, actions and witness. The word family is important to us and we strive to make everyone who passes through our doors feel like they are home.
Please take the time to look around. You will see that we are a welcoming and active parish who works hard to live out our mission. The Faith Life, Parish Life, and Ministries and Organizations pages present the many and varied ways for members to put their faith into practice as disciples of Jesus Christ and the social activities we offer foster the feelings of community and family.
While we are proud of our website the one true way to get to know us is to come and see for yourself. We hope you will consider coming to any one of our weekend services this weekend. The About US pages will tell you a little more about what you can expect when you get here and give you Mass times and directions. We are a casual parish, so come as you are. Everyone is welcomed!
If you have young children, consider our 10 am Mass. We offer children in grades K-3 the Liturgy of the Word for Children. They will get to hear and talk about the week’s readings in a way that is easier for them to understand.
If you would like to talk to someone about any specific concerns or questions, please visit our Contacts page in the About Us section.
We can’t wait to meet you if you have never been to Sacred Heart before. If you’ve been away and are returning to Sacred Heart, we can’t wait to get reacquainted.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- We want you to feel welcomed to attend any of our weekend services: Saturday at 4:30 PM or Sunday at 8 and 10 AM.
- Ours is a relaxed, casual environment. (“Sunday Best” is optional.)
- You will be greeted by Hospitality Ministers who can assist you in finding your way around and with any specal needs you may have.
- Children are celebrated at Sacred Heart! Parents of young children may we suggest:
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house.
- Sit toward the front where it’s easier to see and hear. Quietly explain the parts of the Mass.
- Sing songs, pray and say responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- Feel free to leave Mass with your child if you need to, but please come back!
- Family is important. We offer a Liturgy of the Word with Children every Sunday at 10 AM Mass. Religious Education classes for our elementary and seconday students are offered in collaboration with St. Andrew’s Parish.
- We are about growing as disciples, so you will hear relevant messages that help everyone to develop a closer relationship with God. Feel free to listen to a current homily.
- If you would like to submit a prayer request, Sacred Heart has a ministry of parishioners who will pray for you. You may submit your needs/intentions by phone or email to Debbie Knecht 504-0294 / email@example.com or Jeannie VanBuskirk 866-3235 / firstname.lastname@example.org .